04.09.2012

*la jeunesse touareg d'Agadez*

they watched me...I watched back...shy...
then they gave me a smile...probably...behind their tagelmoust (turban) wrap....
then they asked me...."Madame..."! *eh...ouiiii*?
 "Madameeee......photo, photoooo...prendre une photo...!" well, so I did! :)
...and he did, with the sahara cell phone! Then...I thought there is not that much different between them and the other young ones all over the world. Their Idols are Che Guevara, Bob Marley and a spanish football club -and of course- local and sahara desert musicians and well...a former dictator as I found out! They wearing slim fit shirts, tight jeans and fancy accessoires, colour combinations you never have seen before in your life...but there is a difference.....which makes me thinking much and really sad, the fact that most of them never got the chance to go to school!

images: petra hassan (Agadez/Niger)

P.S.: don´t forget to switch on your TV on september 13th, Woodstock in Timbuktu will be on air from 23.15 in the german WDR!

1 Kommentar: