02.07.2011

*well....*

I had been a bit away from blogging the past 2 weeks because of a (still) heavy work schedule here in germany and I also visited the *magic* gnaoua music festival in my beloved city of *Essaouira* like every year last week and had done some work in morocco....
the festival had been truly great this year, and I can say this had been the best festival for me since I started visiting it, they turned back to the roots and played much more gnaoua music than the years before and the concerts had been a good mix between fusion and traditional music. I also meet such lovely and kind people and visited my friends in Essaouira, as always the time had been to short to see all of them...
I am also working acutally on a morocco article for the german feed-magazin, they just printed & published my algeria desert travel report in their second issue! I am very, no totally!! excited and happy about :-) thank you again one more time, feed magazin!

well...I have much more exciting news...I closed officially my local shop space here in Hanover a four weeks ago end of may and nearly moved completely in my new atelier space. Since 1st of june I offer atelier visits by appointment for customized orders and clients as usual, selling online in my dawanda-shop and on selected events/markets in Hannover. This step allows me now to work more flexible especially in customized clients orders, embroidery and also other projects and fits perfect to my nomadic life :-)

Exactly today 3 years ago my life started changing totally in the never expected direction, now after telling myself  3 years non-stop every day "be strong, stay cool and move on....I feel especially today just with one word *happy*...even if the weather is totally greyish and cold here in germany....can you believe, I turned on the heating in my home this morning!!!??! I never turned on the heating in july....!

I remember the beginning of the week, I spent such a good time with lovely Maryam in Marrakech in 44° heat, the taste of the most delicious mint ice tea is still on my lips, she smell of fresh cutted herbs from her peacock pavilions garden is now in my german kitchen....what a bliss! thank you again one more time, Maryam!

I might dance tonight to the music of the desert, the tuareg group Tamikrest  from Mali/Algeria is playing close to Hannover a concert tonight, I´ll go there with a Touareg friend, we started working in a fusion project, but it is still a *secret* project :-) ..until dancing tonight I am wearing my grandmothers handknitted wool socks whilest sewing....ici il est froid!!

*happy saturday*

images: petra hassan

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen