27.02.2011

*happy sunday*

and where I found *inspiration*....
 
natural water sources in the sahara called *guelta* in arabic, the word in tamashek is *adjlmam*....precious like a gemstone in the desert.... one day I prepared coffee with water we picked up earlier on that day from this guelta....the coffee tasted some kind of *guelta green*...alga taste, too... ;-)
the red, orangeish *pink* shades...sand and sandstone..so bright....so beautiful in the late morning sunlight.....I love you, mother nature for this simple beauty!
running stitched blankets called *gadou* in tamashek, made from vintage fabrics and/or  new fabrics; it was a big surprise for me to find this kind of work also in the desert....:-) by the way...as usual the colour jumped first straight in my eye....*teal*....
a soft and *fluffy* camel neckline.....oh what a *joy*! one day...one day I will *hug* a camel and can say...this is my own one...sometimes dreams are coming true....I am patient!
inbetween working on clients orders and continue organizing/renovating my home I couldn´t resist to start working on new embroidery and colour combinations...*camelmilk white* a cool, offwhite shade... mysterious *teal* one of my favourite and most sold colours....and *guelta green* a fantastic, two-tone italian linen for new summer tunics and dresses....and...ooooh, there is a special colour...this colour will *blow* you away....on the magic carpet direction *desert*....stay tuned...and it is not a blue(s)... ;-)

*happy sunday*

images: petra hassan

P.S.: received last night a a call...Libya called me...it was good to listen the voice of one of my friends and hear that in the south everything seems to be still quiet...

1 Kommentar:

  1. what beautyfull pictores !

    beautyfull fabrics and colors !

    I'm stay tuned ! ;-)

    See you!

    AntwortenLöschen