25.12.2010

*green(s) & pink(s)*

are my favourite colour shades next to the *blue(s)*....
usually I spend zero time decorating my home but yesterday I was in the mood for something special...and I had since ages the time for doing it :-)
I used for a simple table decoration little, teal green turquoise ceramic bowls I found once in morocco, beaded *pink*  snowflake stars and *mini* christmas tree balls in shades of green and pink...
I put the christmas tree instead of a  traditional christmas tree holder in a pink & black handmade, wheatgrass basket from senegal and used little *silver* moons, christmas balls in green, teal and pink shades, one green and one pink chain of lights I bought years ago...usually I prefer having real candles but this year I had no candles for the tree...
for the *hint* of blue....2 little, pretty decorated camels caravaning in the christmas tree... :-)
a *smell*  of orange blossom in the air...what a bliss!
the aloe vera plantation asked also for some sparkling lights...voilà..here it is...simple *ranipink* style christmas decoration :-)
the images are not perfect because of the light situation. My home is located northwest side in a courtyard surounded by more 120 years old houses, and it is time to buy a new camera, too...

I plan to do more renovating in my home in spring, the old farmhouse sink for my kitchen is still waiting for the under construction and new tiles for the working top. I am thinking about shimmering jade/turquoise green moroccan ceramic or cement tiles...the colours going perfect with the also more than 120 years old  black & sand beige cement tiled kitchen floor. When I moved in my home 10 years ago I spotted the old tiles in a little corner & removed tons of old carpets and material to get back the original...

my home is still under construction...I plan to paint the hallway in shimmering turquoise -a style like traditional moroccan tadlakt- and want to hang up a chalky orange & gold vintage bedouin caftan my grandfather brought from his middle east travels in the 50s with...my bathroom is light cucumber green, white & silver and I do not plan to change the colours actually... and I still have ultramarine/cobalt blue for the living room in my mind...well...step by step...I am not in a hurry!

I will share within the next 2 weeks more corners of my home with you, especially a bedroom style update I have done today and also a few more moroccan adventures :-)

*happy holidays* :-)

images: petra hassan

Kommentare:

  1. Oh I have been wanting an old farmhouse style sink for soooo long but can never find one here. Did you get one in Germany or? It's too late for me now, we already had our kitchen installed, but for the *next* house, I have to have an old farmers' sink. Your room looks great, I like the color and your pretty cushions.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You already know I love your style! And I look forward seeing more from your inspiring home!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful Christmas decoration! It is the most amazing, calming, excotic one I have seen this season. LOVE it! Wish you a wonderful Christmas time as well. Enjoy the decorating!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. it looks great, petra :-).

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hello!!!

    Simple but beautyfull héhé...

    The green is magnichic!

    See you soon (me too i have my bedroom relooked ...)

    AntwortenLöschen