08.11.2010

*smoky medina*

it was a monday afternoon....inbetween sun, spray rain and work I took a break...
a *picture* and inspiration break in the *metal souk* :-)
I watched the colours of the medina walls for a long time...I wore on this day a bright emerald green silk tunic...me, standing in the front of the *red*red* walls....
listened the sound...welding & angle grinding work....I love this sound...watched the artisans and asked a man if I can take a few pictures....he smiled and said *n3am*..means *yes*...
*smoky*....watched the smoke, smelled spicy *tajine*...someone was cooking in a little open *souk* kitchen....inbetween a hint of *blue* sky....
later  north african *spray rain* on my skin...and again the smell of metal and oil....I love this smell...because it is the smell of my childhood...steel, metal and oil, the girl who growed up in a engineering & metal business family...
this is the result of the *smoky medina* afternoon in Marrakech....metal colours, smoky and mysterious....
a limited edition of cushions...made from pure silk and vintage uzbek embroidery....
and inbetween...the metal artisans in the souk of marrakech having tea.....bittersweet, fresh *mint tea*....

*smoky medina* cushions new in my dawanda shop :-)

images: petra hassan

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh i love de colour of the pillows (?) very wonderfull!

    See you next post Petra!

    Good life!

    AntwortenLöschen