18.11.2010

*the magic of marrakech sandalmakers*

well...it is not the perfect time for sandals right now in germany...
I found myself in a confusing situation before...on this monday afternoon a few weeks ago....I passed by a little shop in the *souk* of Marrakech and a young boy talked to me, started touching me...he wanted that I am going to buy another blue scarf but I do not wanted one....I already wore one like every day....told him that he please should stop touching me right now and another men came out of the shop...started yelling on me....I was totally confused...asked him why he is yelling on me and told him in all languages I am able to speak that this young boy is not allowed to touch me because I never saw or meet him before and that he should give me respect... and I runned away....totally shocked.....
and stopped...still totally confused...in front of  something *sparkling*....
and I got a big smile....a triple smile...then I realized that I am in front of a shop I know since a long time...the 3 men don´t stopped smiling and offered me a glass of *sweet* mint tea....*calm*...
I watched soft leather *cutting* work....
watched the way how to soften leather...

and left finally...
with a smile on my face & a pair of *pretty* silver leather sandals in my moroccan basket :-) ...handmade with the triple *smile* from the magic sandalmakers of the marrakech *souk*

what a bliss!

images: petra hassan

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ohlala Petra what a story but good end ouf!

    WOW i wanted the saaaame ! hihihi

    AntwortenLöschen