03.08.2010

*moroccan sewing adventure*

a few weeks ago I found myself in the medina of  *Essaouira*...
surounded by the *antique* german sewing machine of my friend Mustapha...after hours of repairing I found out...the machine was just sewing *straight* ahead...*yikes*...
so...I was running with friends up and down the medina alleys to find one good working sewing machine....climbed on rooftops watching several sewing machines of a local tailor....but he just owned heavy ones for *leather* sewing...*yikes*
in the late afternoon my friend Mustapha brought 3 more sewing machines...
repairing...adjusting....adjusting...again....and...
finally after one day....I spent 2 days sitting on the *magic carpet*...sewing in the medina.....and I loved the place....moroccan women passed by whispering *salam petite khiata*...means*hello little tailor girl*...so sweet...

*lucky me* :-)

images: petra hassan / hassan krifa

ah...the sewing *result* is coming, soon...stay tuned!

Kommentare:

  1. I love, love, love, love yes love your magical posts from your magical carpet!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Mit liebevollem Lächeln denke ich gerade:
    Du verrückte Nudel :-)))

    Liebe Grüsse, Anette

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This was such a great story - I think you should set up a sewing machine in front of Mustapha's shop every time you are there, and sell your custom-made clothing. It could work! You might have to start paying Mustapha some rent, though:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. ooooooooh :-)

    @Elisa ...thank you so much!!! I am so touched by your words!!!

    @Anette *hihi*ich drück Dich!!!

    @Krista oh yes....I still remember the quiet day we spent together inbetween all the magic carpets....may be I should doing this :-) :-)

    AntwortenLöschen