09.09.2009

Essaouira street cat tale :-)

it was the night before we went to a big concert at the gnaoua festival in june...our friend Yassin was running down the Rue d´Marrakech in Essaouira and said something like this: "xfjhfoweiumdfsiwkhwejuiswhsh *mschah*" !! "what"???? nobody understood because he talked so fast...and he´s always talking in a really funny to listen way moroccan arabic with a dialect somewhere from Senegal or so...
finally we´d found out that the pregnant red cat girl who is living in the alley next to Mustapha´s shop just was during the birth of her first kitten...
we organized a box and made a cozy nest for her, organized some yoghurt and left for the concert...
next morning: I visited the cat and she *said* in a cute and friendly way like cats are talking sometimes *meow, meow* purred and it seems that she was really happy and proud to show me her newborn babies :-) we counted 7 from 8 kittens alive, one of the babies died during the night. It maked me so happy because the cat was really calm and friendly :-)
a few weeks ago, I came back to Essaouira and visited the cats again :-)
5 kittens are left, four of them in a very good shape and one...well, I am not sure that the kitten will survive...but we will see...
I was happy to hear that our friends are feeding the cats regularly with fresh fish and milk/yoghurt and take care of them :-) There are so many cats living in the medina of Essaouira and lots of them are in a really bad shape...I really love cats but I never touch them because most of them are sick.

I am looking forward to be back again in a few weeks and wish that I can share with you again the latest pictures and adventures of the little street cat family :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen