04.07.2009

gnaoua festival 2009

since the first time we had visited the gnaoua music festival, I am looking forward every year to visit this magic music festival again and again. The city was packed with thousands of like "crazy for the gnaoua music" people...
especially this year I felt over the chair when I found out that one of my favourite musicians, the King of Rai music, Cheb Khaled will join the festival, too :-)
the german WDR orchestra, Cheb Khaled and my all time favourite gnaoua musician Hamid el Kasri at one stage (watch the full video for a proper view over the festival)!! I never enjoyed a concert so much, accompanied by our friends...
and thousands of visitors. After the big concert at the Bab Marrakech stage we went like pilgrims...
to the Essaouira beach...
and enjoyed Hamid Bouchnak on stage until four in the morning... :-)
during the festival time the city is filled with music everywhere...even on a little stage next to the Afriquia gas station.....imagine...a stage next to the gas station!! *hehe* and the Gnaouis played at 11am!!
enjoy a very special dish: the gnaoua menu :-) I love the little drawing...
rasta hair dressed gnaouis strolled in the little alleys of Essaouira...
the final concert: Mazagan :-) I really felt in love with this group since my last stay in Morocco in March. A nice young boy in one of the little Essaouira music shops recommended me their album "doukkala airlines", he told me if I like Darga and Hoba Hoba Spirit, I would love Mazagan, too...
and he was right :-)...
Mazagan rocks!!!!!...
under the blue, blue sky of Morocco :-)

Thanks so much to all our friends for the pleasant stay during the Festival this year, we are looking forward for the next one :-)

P.S.:...searching for a proper video of the Cheb Khaled/Hamid el Kasri concert at Bab Marrakech, please contact me at ranipink@hotmail.de Thanks! :-)

1 Kommentar:

  1. oh....wie toll muss das gewesen sein!!!
    Hätte garnicht gedacht, dass da so riesige Bühnen aufgebaut werden?! Erinnert mich ein bisschen an "Das Fest" bei uns hier...die meisten bands sind eher unbekannt, aber meistens die besten. Vor 2 Jahren waren Trommler aus Afrika da...wow...das war schon toll!
    Wer weiss, vielleicht irgendwann werde ich mich auch im Gnaoua Getümmel wiederfinden;-)
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen