05.02.2009

ranipink home sneak peak :-)

Today: the bedroom :-) take care...the cats are always keep an eye on you!

..since I moved in this wonderful home, the house was build in the late 19th century...so much work had to be done until the home was looking like now but we are still in progress to make some things new...first of all I removed tons (it feels still like tons...) of old carpets and very ugly looking plastic tiles from allover the floors in every single room...sanded the floors and we painted the wooden floors white...and all the ugly looking wallpapers layers over layers...oh my....once I had found old newspapers from the year 1938 between the plaster and the wallpaper....?!

a few years ago we painted the bedroom wooden floor white and decided to try something different...dark purple on the walls....I mixed some moroccan pigments and powdered mother of pearl with acrylic liquid and painted in two days 3 times the walls...and looked finally that I was felt into the paint, too ;-) ;-) Isn´t it nice to have a husband who´s in love with me and also my love for unusual colour combinations...??

Since that day I was thinking about matching this with some textiles in green shades....the years are passed by....some indian vintage fabrics in green shades I don´t liked passed by, too....maybe change the wall colour again...no, no....!

..then a bright emerald green vintage suzani crossed my way....*yay* with delicate embroidery in bright pink, orange, and purple shades....I should make something like quilt from it...

...a few months passed by, too and finally this january the quilt was done...one side made with the suzani and the other side with moroccan vegetable silk "sabra" I found last year in november at a friends shop in Essaouira...and still can´t believe that I had choosen exact the same colour like the wall paint.... :-)

...need some sparkle? Two weeks ago in morocco, two nice vintage berber cushions crossed my way...bright emerald green with little metal sequin embroidery ;-) ...by the way..why the cats are always love to sleep on vintage textiles??

..another fabric I used for the pillows are purple damask fabric I bought a few years ago in Amman/Jordan at some fabric dealer in the old souk who told us that he is related around 25 corners with my husbands auntie *hihi*...we still don´t figured this out but when we will go to Jordan this summer we want to find out...it´s not so bad to have someone in the family with a little fabric shop, filled with finest fabrics from Damascus...*hihi*


I also used some fabric founds from Uzbekistan ( please, would anyone go with me for fabric shopping to Uzbekistan??) bright handloomed Ikat in purple and pink shades and at least for the neckpillows some Amy Butler fabric and a fabric I bought nearly ten years ago in the ugly fabric department of a huge shop in Hannover....the ugly fabric department is also history since a few years...better not ask why ;-)
Finally there is a very special pillow in the bed....the real cat pillow...may you never believe this...the cute and huge!! cat loves to sleep at night so close next to you that you believe the cat is the pillow....:-)

Kommentare:

  1. Renate6.2.09

    Absolutely beautiful! I adore your green suzani quilt. I'd love to go fabric shopping in Uzbekistan, too....

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You have added such vibrant color to your house.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. hach, da würde ich es mir jetzt auch gerne bequem machen, sieht so gemütlich aus. oh gott, was heißt das auf englisch?
    please have a look on my blog, if you have time. i have a surprice for you, but i´m not sure, if you like something like this :-).
    bianca

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. this is really exquisite !! it feels very rich, color wise, and i love the combination.

    Excellent work !

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Loving it P dear!

    PS hmmmmm thinking on the short coat!!!

    AntwortenLöschen