28.01.2009

the sunrise over Marrakech...

I went to the airport, very early tuesday morning...I forgot my clock, my contact lens liquid, my face lotion at home, was afraid not to catch my flight because the nice old man in the hotel had spoken a different arabic dialect than me...and I don´t knew if he understood that I want to have a wake up "knock on the door" at six in the morning....
so I went to bed late at night and wished always that he please had understood me...please, please, please....
I woke up very early in the morning, silence and darkness everywhere around me, I watched the sparkling stars in the ice cold sky....felt like in the desert.....the muezzin at the Koutoubia called for the morning prayer....and the nice old man knocked on the door :-)
I watched the sunrise over the atlas mountains in front of the Marrakech airport before checked in....
...so many thoughts and inspiration in my mind.....
...about a wonderful person, a friend who´s very sick that we don´t know how long he will be with us -this touched me so much-....
...about the wonderful late afternoon walk in the Marrakech Bazar with Maryam I enjoyed so much....about the always warm welcome in my beloved country Morocco....about all the hand stitches I had done the last few days..the little spoken gifts I received....about all the nice persons I had meet the last few days...about all the wonderful colours and the fantastic artwork in this country...and about so much more I can´t describe in words....
...and about the crazy policeman in front of the airport who came next to me and whispered "nti suena bzaaf"means "you are beautiful"....."oh my...." ??!!
...especially this vacation was mind changing....Thanks God so much that I could live my life like it is, thank you Morocco...I´ll be back soon....:-)

Kommentare:

  1. Wow - such beautiful pictures... of the airport! I love how the sky changes colour.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Anonym29.1.09

    Dear Petra, It was so lovely to meet you in Marrakech At Maryam's. You are beautiful!! I also saw the sunrise the day before you at the airport. I do hope to return to this very magical land soon. In the meantime I will try to make "my America" magical one day at a time. I hope to meet you again and will think of you each time I wear your cute hair style! ~gwen

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Dear Gwen ;-)
    it was a pleasure to meet all of you lovely girls in Marrakech ;-) Thanks very much again to all of you for your warm welcome in between lots of work...and thanks very much for your lovely comment ;-)
    Petra

    AntwortenLöschen