05.01.2009

inspiration :-)

a few weeks ago before Holly left Germany, she visited me in my studio and we created a little inspiration board with her favourite colours....and this inspired me also to create my first mood board, too. I never did this before because the inspiration for new projects and colours is always running nonstop through my mind like crazy little pictures.... ;-)

I am still in the blue(s), since last summer I believe that the blue is may becoming a more popular colour in the fashion this year than the past seasons. Bright cobalt goes perfect with a hint of citrine yellow, teal and turquoise and always goes perfect with black and white basics.
oriental pomegranate red, deep mysterious indigo blue with teal and bright glacier blue....I love the vibrant dark red and pink with chalky turquoise shades...
bright safran and citrine shades with frosted turquoise for a fresh summer look....:-)
I prefer using for all my fashion and home projects mainly linen, silk and cotton in different shades, dyes and textures...glassbead and sparkling crystal embroidery....tassels and vintage trade beads for jewellery and metallic blue linnen for bags, handmade moroccan lace and cute little buttons are going perfect for silk skirts, caftanwear and coats...ikat fabric, vintage suzanis and handloomed moroccan vegetable silk for home projects with a oriental twist ;-)

Kommentare:

  1. Petra this post is so nice and I love your mood board, it's great! Yes we shall make one together when I'm back in May! :) Will you be doing the festival at Herrenhausen in May?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I think you are right about the blue inspiration. I suspect my blue brainwash came from watching Mamma Mia twice. The aqua coloured sets were mezmerizing.

    AntwortenLöschen