26.11.2008

western sahara fabric :-)

I felt in love a few years ago with this beautiful hand dyed cotton voile....

...usually worn like a wraparound dress by the women in the Western Sahara. Colourful, light and airy...could be any dress more elegant and comfortable for the desert?

I created last summer the first double layered caftan dress from one of the fabrics, every piece is unique in colour and texture...the next, hot and sunny summer is coming soon for sure... ;-)

..this is one of my own favourite dresses, light aqua with a hint of light safran yellow and beautiful geometric bandhani style pattern.....it goes perfect with the lemon yellow silk scarf, a glass of fresh mint tea and the cute kitten ;-)

...this is my favourite found from my summer vacation in Morocco...the blue, blue indigo dyed cotton....fantastic fabric for new projects...I love the decent smell of salt and desert dust before washing it, carries me always away to the Sahara blue(s).....

Kommentare:

  1. You could make incredible quilts from this beautiful fabric.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. this is a great idea :-) I am thinking about this since summer but not sure that it works because the fabric is very thin....so I think I´ll do one in january after the christmas time :-) I´ll let you know about the result :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. oooh I am loving the double layered caftan/tunic idea. So feminine!!!

    AntwortenLöschen